24.11.13

Grammar: why, how and where it matters may surprise you...



So...I online date...
 photo tumblr_mug3fiGjTK1rrb9xco1_500.gif
Yeah, I know,  many people think its a horrible idea; because I am too good looking, too successful (cough ! cough!) and too together (hack cough) to seek a mate online...

 photo tumblr_mjf8l3rJXy1qatmzjo4_500.gifThis is utter B.S.! The people you meet online are the same maladaptive antisocial folks you could meet at a networking event, a job, the train, a club or on the street. The person, of the online profile, does live somewhere...the place they live: real life.





Now, the great thing about online dating , is the filter it gives you:
  • You don't have to talk to people you don't want to talk to.
  • you don"t have to talk to people you don't find attractive.
  • You can assess the other persons availability for whatever you are trying to do:date, sex, relationship, play games etc...
  • You don't have to meet them "around your way" and worry about them stalking you.
  • You can learn a lot about a person, by what they say or don't say on their profile.
 photo d39e4c6f03cec3e875711bfd36e1bcb79466f55a2669234c59acb766b813c774.gifThese are all options, you probably don't have when being introduced to people/ just meeting them on the fly....



Now for my pet peeve: Grammar. This is something that knocks so many people "out of the box" with me. it is OK to not be perfect and it is even more OK, considering the shambles the U.S education system is in; who is learning anything anymore anyway?
However, if you write me a message about dating me, that is:
  • one word: "sexy", "beautiful", "damn" etc...
  • not a word, ie: a bunch of emoticons...
  • a pregnant paragraph (one without punctuation/ a period to-be specific)
  • or something that looks like a special person is trying to text for the first time.
  •  or anything that has a ton of misspelled words, inappropriate stuff or weird abbreviations.
  • or you have nothing on your profile about you.
  • anything like/inferring  (examples below:
 photo m7yf2pQMvO1qki2c1o2_400.gif
 photo tumblr_mnim6kGKhd1ql5yr7o1_500-1.gif
     photo 778595.gif,  photo jennifer-lawrence-makeout.gif  ,


    I will either respond.And Best believe, when I do, it's on! I am going to say everything I want, which won't be anything the person wants to hear-as predicated on their profile, obviously they think they are hot shit! The funny thing is when I say "why I am not interested", I am judging...wait, isn't that the point:Me judging whether I want to be involved.lol





     photo 13884621.gif
    or, if I am doing something important, I won't entertain that foolishness-at all. Obviously that person isn't serious about a relationship/dating. They can't even string together a sentence in support of the effort...Yeah so, once I see something like that, I am like:


      No comments:

      Post a Comment